Sunday, June 8, 2008

Standing Mice????

So, I should tell you before I begin that I usually sing my kids a few Primary songs as the last step in our little bedtime routine. One of my favorite songs to sing them is "If the Savior Stood Beside Me." It's a beautiful song and is also one of the Primary Program songs for 2008 so it also has practical applications. I should also tell you that while we are driving McKinley usually asks to listen to either Primary Songs, Disney Songs, or songs from the musical Hairspray.

A few days ago we were driving and listening to Scripture Power (a favorite in our car) and then I asked McKin what she wanted next and she said "How about the mice song?" I was REALLY confused by this, I asked if she wanted the song from Cinderella and she said "NO, you know with standing mice watching over me." Now, I was really lost. A few very frustrating minutes then ensued with McKinley nearly in tears and trying so hard to explain by saying over and over "standing mice watching over me." I just kept telling her that I was sorry but I had no idea what she meant, and was frantically scrolling through the ipod to see if I could get any clues. I then came upon "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" and it hit me. The last line of this song says "if I could see the Savior standing NIGH watching over me." This whole time she thought it was about mice watching over her. What a funny little girl!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Okay that one made me laugh so hard I cried. How did the poor little thing sleep at night thinking that a bunch of little mice were watching over her! I am terrified of mice and the thought that they might be watching over me is even more terrifying. Love the song though.

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

That was so cute! Oh my that is why I love blogs so much because you can keep us up to date about the funny things your kids say. they are so cute!