Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A little dirt never hurt anyone right?

So yesterday morning, McKinley was outside playing with the neighbors and I brought Halle to the basement with me so I could hurry and type a letter to my brother on a mission. His p-day is Monday and I always forget to e-mail until Monday morning and I'm always in a big hurry to do it so I can make sure he gets it before he checks his e-mail. So I was almost done and Halle had crawled upstairs, but I didn't hear any crashing so I hurried and finished and then ran upstairs. This is what I found......

McKinley had apparently brought a bucket of mud that she had been playing with and set it inside the door on the floor and Halle had a hay day. There was dirt all over her, the floor, the table, the door, ALL OVER. These are right before she got cleaned up. After that we got her a new outfit, I put the bucket outside, we were good. Until McKin came in and out and left the patio door open while I was using the bathroom.... I came out to find Halle on the patio doing the same thing again! The bucket then got chucked to the outer regions of the backyard and clean up began again. I really do watch my kids, really, really I do. How much dirt can a 1 year old eat in a day and still be ok?

9 comments:

Annie said...

Halle is so kute I just love her!!!

Misti said...

Angie, that is so awesome! Older sisters are always so much help! I never did sign Saddie up for the summer camp :( maybe next year!

Jessica said...

Halle and Olivia must be about the same age :) I am with you I wonder how she always gets into so many messes when I really do watch what she is doing! But I guess a huge mess can happen in just a second!!!

Rebecca said...

I think it is so funny that it happened again while you were in the bathroom. I usually lock my kids in the bathroom with me (my babies anyway) which would explain why Lauren and Faith know where tampons go...how else are we suppose to do it? Halle is cute even muddy;) I hope you can get the mud out of that cute cute shirt!

The Bergers said...

I asked myself the same question the other day while i was potting flowers. Except she ate the potting soil dirt!!! AHHHH! Isn't that fertilizer! Ewww, sick!
She looks to darn cute though and like she had some fun!
I'm coming home for good ole' Aberdeen days, ya gonna be around?
Hope to see ya then!

Sharee said...

I like your last 3 posts & pictures. Your kids are getting so big and I can't wait to see your new little one. You and Chan have a very cute family.

Jill said...

You don't have to lie, we all know you leave your kids unattended all the time...(haha) in the words of whitney j/k and j/k....we love kinney and halle palle!

Whitney :) said...

haha. i miss you hal pal!!

jaime said...

that's hilarious and sad and cute all at the time.

just like i'm sure you felt like laughing and crying when it happened.