Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Our BIG BREAK!

Well, our little family is going to be movie stars...not really, but we are going to be Southeast Idaho's newest faces of the Bingham Memorial Hospital Birthing Center, pretty much the same thing right? On Friday we spent the whole afternoon and into the evening, videoing a television commercial telling about my experience having Halle at the hospital in Blackfoot. I even had a very pregnant stunt double! It was only a 60 second commercial but I now have a respect for movie stars and producers because it took FOREVER (everything we did had to be done at least 10 times) and acting is not Chandler's or my greatest quality. When they told Chandler and I that we had to look at each other and look concerned about our baby's cord wrapped around her neck, we both agreed that taking drama in high school may have come in handy. The video guys needed a subject to check their lighting on, and McKinley was all too happy to volunteer, she thought she was pretty hot stuff. Of course when it came time for McKin to really do her part (play with Halle) she was totally uncooperative, so we're not quite sure if she'll get left on the cutting room floor or not. I'll post a video of the real commercial when we get it, since they are supposed to get us a DVD. So watch for us on tv and in the newspaper in the upcoming weeks and hopefully no one will be embarrassed to admit they know us after the debut since we feel a little silly ourselves. Now I'm just getting up the courage to ask for money off our very large hospital bill.

3 comments:

Jill said...

We are so lucky to have famous relatives!! Can't wait to see the commercial....

Sharen said...

Hey Angie! THats exciting! I was glad to find out you had a blog. You should check out mine! Hope all is well. Sharen

Esther Ogden said...

How cool is that? It is not everyday that a movie star is my sister-in-law's next door neighbor. Can I get your autograph when we come to visit next? =)