Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Calling All Super Readers

There's a little something for all you Super Why fans. Now down to business, I have to present some options for a book selection next week at my book club. Since Quincy arrived, I haven't had much time for reading, and the last time it was my turn I was in the same boat with Halle. So having NO personal experience to draw from I got online and did some research and presented what I thought looked like good choices. The one everyone ended up going with had great reviews and even had a gold sticker on the front. You can't go wrong with a gold sticker on the front right? Wrong, the book ended up being a little racy at best and the whole time I was reading it I was dying knowing that everyone was doing the same and thinking "Wow, I can't beleive Angie picked such an inappropriate book." So now my book club reputation has been somewhat tarnished and I have a chance for redemption. If anyone has a suggestion for a CLEAN, yet intriguing book club selection would you please comment?
FYI - I will someday be leading the crusade for a National Book Rating System like the movies have, it is sorely needed.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I read "These is My Words" about a year ago. The one thing that I remember about it was being good and clean :)

Amy said...

I just finished Little Women. It was so excellent, I could not put it down. There in nothing wrong with going back to a classic. Even if some have read it, it will be really fun to discuss. Also, Bitter is the New Black--very funny. The secret life of bees, also a great read. and The Last Lecture...I am in a reading mood...

Sabra said...

That is so funny Angie! Glad to hear I am not the only one who does stuff like that.

I am no help with books. Good luck!

Misti said...

Angie you are so funny!!!! Your not tarnished just a little smudged! Just kidding, we all knew you were dying, it was so great!!!! I also vote for The Last Lecture, it was actually one that I wanted to bring, it is AMAZING! How is McKin feeling? We missed her at dance.