Monday, October 13, 2008

The Chipmunk Adventure

This weekend all the boys in my fam went to the BYU Game, so Whitney and my mom came down to hang out with my girls and me and my mom had a miraculous idea...we should rent The Chipmunk Adventure! This is the movie that as a kid we watched over and over and over. I had the lines, dances, songs, etc. all memorized. My family even still uses lines from this movie in everyday jargon. Whitney sadly missed the Chipmunk Adventure era and was glad to know where some of our weird sayings come from. Ah, if I only had a dime for every time I fought with my sisters over who got to be Brittany. Most of the time I won, I was the oldest.....and the coolest, just kidding!
Now McKinley is totally into it, she's watched it like 5 times since yesterday (it just snowed, ok!) , is delighting in replaying conversations from the movie with me ("Now you be Miss Miller mom"), and is walking around singing "we are the girls of rock and roll."
Some of you may have NO idea what I'm talking about, but for the Baker clan all I have to say is "I can still see the eyes, I can still see the eyes."

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

We have been watching this movie the last couple of weeks. Lauren and Faith want me to put it in every morning. Halle and Faith always fight about who is Brittany. How funny!

Jill said...

Memories...OH how I love Chipmunk Adventure!

I think Shannon wonders why I'm 25 years old and still enjoy watching this cartoon movie!

We all know that I was the middle girl in our family and Brittany was the middle girl in her family so I was supposed to play Brittany & you were supposed to be the oldest nerdy girl! I'm glad it's being passed down to Whitney and McKinley...

jaime said...

THAT's what that movie is called!!!
i love that movie. we used to watch it all the time as kids. but for the life of me i could not remember the name of it.

awesome.

The MontaƱo’s said...

I totally grew up with this movie. I must get Jace and Marin into it. I LOVED this show as a kid. "I told the witch doctor I was in love with you..." Thank you for reminding me of it!

The Bradshaws-- said...

Now you are making me want to go rent it, I'm not sure that Marc would enjoy it as much as I would though.

Whitney :) said...

I started saying lines from it today at school and my friends were like..what the heck is that?!

And then i told Mom today we should buy it. THEN we would have something for Mckin to watch everytime she came over. :) and i would love it too!

available fo what?! hahaha.

Bret Baker said...

i'd be lying if i said i didn't watch this movie the other day on dvd. it's as good today as it was 20 years ago.

Jennie said...

Hey Angie, that brings back the memories. By the way, I tagged ya! Check out my blog for the info.