Friday, July 18, 2008

4th of July...a little late

So most of have probably read Hailey and Jill and Whitney's blogs by now and know that for the 4th of July we went boating, had a family golf scramble and went bowling and to a movie. Here's weekend from our perspective.My Mom and Dad on a semi-crazy tube ride. What a fun couple, they were great sports! McKin making sand castles. Garrett and McKin having a good time on the boat.
Halle gets amazingly still and cuddly on the boat, I love it!
I do have to say that at our little golf scramble I wasn't planning on being much of an asset to my team. I haven't golfed for 5 years and I was 7 months pregnant after all. I jokingly asked everyone not to fight about whose team I was on. On hole #3 I decided to take a whack at it and came about 2 feet from getting a hole in one! I was in shock, too bad the streak didn't continue for the rest of the day. I did however get the highest score in our family in bowling the next day, not a bad weekend overall! After boating we went to my parents and had a great dinner and fireworks show, who needs Melaleuca when you have Kim Wahlen? That's what I think anyway. We stayed up late playing Rock Band and Mormon Bridge and then the next day did bowling and the movie.

The girls also got a fun 4-wheeler ride from Bompa, thanks Dad! Thanks to the fam for a great 4th weekend!

1 comment:

Sabra said...

Looks like you had a fun 4th! Your girls are so cute. It is so fun seeing pictures of you and your family.