Saturday, April 12, 2008

So much for mother's instinct.....

because I completely thought I was having a boy. I had a name, a plan, and was practically buying boy things. I even told countless people about my theory on the oldest child always knowing the sex since I felt I knew about my younger's brothers and sisters and McKinley was certain this was her brother and that Halle was a sister. I thought it was an intuition that the eldest was always granted.

Well yesterday we found out that we are having another girl, yes, that's right. 3 GIRLS! When the lady said, "well guys I think you have another girl" Chan and I just started laughing. Now this is fine with us and we are looking forward to another sweet girl. However, the next time we have a child (and yes, this now also means that there WILL be a next time) the pressure is on and it will be immense since Chan does want his boy. I'm already dreading the tension in that ultrasound room the next time around..... but for now we will revel in the joy of how much money we'll save and the thought of another beautiful girl!

McKinley is getting used to the idea. She went from "but I wanted a brother" in a "I don't get it" sort of tone. Then it was "BUT I DON'T WANT TWO SISTERS, I WANT A BROTHER!!!!!!" and "I DON'T WANT ANOTHER HALLE!!" all this while crying and yelling. Now she is joyfully telling the grocery store checkers that her mom is having another girl and she is getting another sister, so hopefully it's sinking in. Halle, on the other hand is blissfully unaware of the fact that her world is about to be rocked.

Finally, due to my being sure I was having a boy we are completely out of girl names, so any suggestions would be helpful. FYI - we like names that are on the different side but not so different that you hear it and go "What the....."

19 comments:

Whitney :) said...

ooh. whats instinct mean?

Jill said...

Remmy Daw will be an adorable little girl! What did Chan think of the suggestion once he was awake enough to process it?

Easty will be surrounded by lots of girl cousins (on our side anyways) that is for sure! Hailey needs to hurry up and have little Crew Bradshaw!

Chandler and Angie said...

Chan's considering Remmy, you know him. He doesn't get too excited about anything, but he didn't shoot it down so that's a good sign.

Whitney :) said...

yeah. but you guys need to remember that Remmy is the rats name on ratatouie.

The Bradshaws-- said...

Remmy Daw huh? It kind of sounds like the word remedy. But then again she will be the 3rd daughter just like I was, and I would consider myself a remedy in our family. J/K

Jill said...

Hailey, Remmy Daw does not sound like Remedy, and I guess you are the most spiritual in the family so if that is the same thing as a remedy...and whitney I highly doubt people will think of the rat on Ratatouie when hearing that name. It is so much better than your suggestions...

Sharee said...

I thought for sure that we were having a little girl. I made the Dr. do anther ultrasound later on down the road and refused to buy things until we were told again at 25 weeks that the Dr. was 100% certain that we were having a boy. Tell Chan I am sorry that he didn't get his son this go around. You two just make such beautiful little girls. We have several little girl names that we like. Riley, Emma, Adalyn,& Brooklyn, I have neices named Naleah, Olivia, Kianna, Savanah, and Mariah. Just a few suggestions.

jaime said...

i did the same thing with parker. i was sooooooo sure it was a girl. i guess we all have a 50/50 chance of being right don't we?

we i am happy for you. you make cute baby girls that's for sure.

and i l.o.v.e the name remmy.

The Bradshaws-- said...

Jill it's okay I was just joking around with you and so was Whit. Remmy would be a great name!

Mindy said...

How exciting!! 3 girls in a row sounds overwhelming, but think of how much fun they will have growing up...probably even more fun when they are grown! Aren't there 3 girls in a row in your fam? Congrats! And enjoy the sweetness of those baby girls before you eventually get one of these rowdy little boys! And before I forget, my married name is Phillips:)

Mindy

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

The Richards said...

Hey Angie, I found your blog through Hailey's. Your family is so beautiful.
Congratulations on your new baby girl! I have to tell you I got a kick out of your sisters comments back and forth.
I think Remmy is a very cute name!

Misti said...

Angie your blog is way to cute and thanks again we had a blast last night!

Annie said...

Angie I agree with you I think Remmy is a kute name and you don't hear it everyday.Remmy or Oakley I like both of them.

Springer Family said...

Remmy sounds different but cute! I got a laugh out of your sister's comments too! Girls are so much fun we are having a great time with Cali. Your blog is so cute!

The Bergers said...

How fun Ang!!! 3 beautiful girls! So what happens if you have a 4th girl? You gonna try again? So when is your due date?
I think Remmy is cute. I also like Ella but dave hates it so i know i will never be able to name my little girl that.

Chandler and Angie said...

Chan shot down Oakley and Isabella! So Remmy, Kamryn, among others are still in the running. Chandler said he also doesn't understand why all our girl names have to end in an "e" sound.

PS - My due date is September 4th. I told the doctor this was scientifically impossible but she doesn't care. It's long story, so we are just going with that.

Esther Ogden said...

Wow, congratulations Angie! You have such adorable girls that having another will just make this world that much more lovely. =)

Dianne said...

Angie-You do have such precious little girls that I can just see them all together like you and your sisters were. It will be so fun to have them grow up and razz each other on their blogs! Ha! As far as instinct goes-I was totally wrong on all 7 of mine! duh! That's why I stopped having kids! J/K You're mom is so excited-we have both figured out that our grandchildren are perfect! Good luck with this pregnancy!
Dianne P.