Monday, December 17, 2007

Hope Big Brother isn't watching

Recently, Halle has taken up the use of biter biscuits or infant "crackers." McKinley has started to call crackers "crack," and Chandler and I have followed suit out of nothing more than habit and the hilarity of our daughter using a street drug as a name for Halle's infant food. If the government randomly decided to put audio only surveillance in our home, this is what they would hear:
McKinley: "Halle, do you want some crack?"
Angie: "That's a great idea, McKinley would you get Halle a crack?"
or
McKinley: "Dad, I'm going to get Halle some crack."
or
McKinley: "Halle, you just love crack don't you?
Chandler and I have started laughing so hard every time one of these conversations come up that we haven't felt compelled to correct it because of the laughter it brings to our home. Once our girls get older and have to face the mean streets of Blackfoot we'll enlighten them to the fact that crack is a horrible and dangerous drug and not an infant food, but for now we'll just laugh.

2 comments:

Abby Stimpson said...

Angie what an adorable little family! Isn't having children the best they just make life that much more enjoyable (well somtimes) anyways thanks for being such a wonderful boss. I love your blog by the way ours is just getting started :)

Anonymous said...

Angie, I totally have to appologize for not saying anything to you in Target the other night. I don't think I've ever met you face to face (only hear all about you through all the other Manwarings) and I didn't even realize who you were. I'm so sorry. I am just an idiot, but maybe next time I see you in person I'll know who you are. :)