Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Independence Day Weekend

This year my mom's sister Deb and her husband Dave came to visit for the 4th. It was so fun having them and we spent the day boating and having fun, followed up by the famous Kim Wahlen fireworks show, which was great as usual!



Since everyone had a day off of work on Monday, we threw together a last minute camping trip with the Bradshaws. This year for Father's Day in church McKinley had to write down the things she likes best about her dad and she put down "when he takes me camping and fishing." Since we've never taken her to do any of those things we took it as a signal that we maybe we should at least do it once. So we packed up and headed to McTucker for a one night stay.









It was a fun night and thank goodness we had the Bradshaws, expert campers, with us. I told the girls that maybe we should be a "hotel family" though and they were good with that.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I'm with you Angie. Hotel families rock. I can camp with the best of em and I'd take the Little America anyday!

The MontaƱo’s said...

Those pics are adorable and you'd never get them at a hotel :)