Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Random catching up

So we've been up to some fun things the past few weeks, but I never got around to dedicating a post to any one of those things, so here's a little montage. A few weeks ago, Chan played in the Aberdeen Chamber of Commerce basketball tournament with the Pleasant Valley Potato team, and they won 1st place!

From L to R: Val Wahlen, Ryan Wahlen, Wade Wahlen, Austin George, Garrett Wahlen, Chan, Jody Phillips, and John Murdoch.
Also, we are lucky to have Chandler's Grandma Goodwin in Idaho. After many years in Phoenix she is back in Blackfoot and living in the Gables, which is very nice. We are glad to be able to see her more often, our girls love to visit.

My sister Jill decided to come back to Idaho to do hair once a month or so and we were lucky to have her and Easty Beasty stay with us for a few days. We got to go see Hailey and her classroom. It was great to see her in her element. McKin and Halle loved doting on Easton, but he wasn't too sure what he thought of it. The girls got haircuts, here's little Hal for her first official haircut ever, she did so good!


Grandpa Wahlen came to see all the grandkids in action.

Halle found my mom's makeup drawer. I swear she has an internal radar leading her that stuff. Check out that face.

My Aunt Deb and my cousin Troy came from California to visit my Grandpa Kimball. It was great to see them. Troy lived with our family for about 2 years when I was around 6 and was a great big brother figure to me. I remember that when I missed the bus I got to ride to school with him in his sports car and he'd play his music real loud and I felt like the coolest 1st grader around. We were sad that his wife and kids couldn't come. He's great with kids, Quincy had a great time.

Hailey made her traditional holiday sugar cookies with my girls, they loved it as always. Thanks Boog!

Some other random things my kids have been doing and saying that are probably boring for everyone else but I like to have:

One night for Family Home Evening, we talked about the Word of Wisdom and the next morning when McKinley was picking out cereal she picked out Honey Bunches of Oats and she usually hates nuts, so I said "You know this has nuts in it right?" and she said "Well......does it have alchohol in it?" and I told her "No" and she said "Ok, then I'll have it."
McKinley's also been talking a lot about her driver's license. Everything that she wants to do but can't yet because she's too young, she thinks will happen when she gets her drivers license. For example....Me: "I need to make this part of the cookies, that's kind of a mom job." McKin "but when I get my drivers license then I can make cookies all by myself right?" She even told me that when Tanner gets home from his mission she'll probably get her drivers license. I have no idea where she gets this.

Finally, at state basketball my dad taught McKin how to call his cell phone by herself. Since then he gets at least a couple of calls everyday, and she has now learned my mom's number too. They swear they don't regret teaching her that but I'm sure the day will come.

Also, Quincy has started to snort when she gets really excited, a trait I'm sure she'll LOVE when she gets older! Good thing she's cute! She's such a happy baby who's always laughing and smiling, well not always.......but a good amount.

4 comments:

The MontaƱo’s said...

Beautiful girls Ang! I loved Halle's haircut, she looked like she did so good!! Hey, should we get the little girls together and see Hannah Montana??

Jill said...

Wow, Easton looks like a homeless child in those pictures!! We had SO much fun with you guys, thanks for letting us stay! Just to let you know Easton is not normally that cranky...once he got home and back to normal sleeping schedule things were much better. Too bad your girls only ever see cranky mean Easton! He's just not used to all that doting from kids his age...I love how much your girls love him!

Halle was the perfect client, best two year old I've ever done I'm quite sure! (Better than McKin)

Stormy said...

So i was wondering how do you do FHE with little kids? Your kids are about the same age as mine and i just don't know what to do to keep their attention and teach them

Misti said...

Love the update! Halle was so good, Easton cries if I even mention "hair cut"!! I want those cookies...